SciFinder Licenses at the MPIP
Here are some informations concerning SciFinder:
This page was last updated on February 3, 2009.
- The Max Planck Society has access to the software
by CAS. This software runs under
Microsoft Windows or MAC OS, and can be
and installed from the MPDL site. However, for obtaining and using
it, you need an ID and a password (a license).
- Since very recently, there is no longer a limitation
in the number of licenses, i.e. everybody can obtain
a license without being put on waiting a list.
- The licenses are administered by the Max Planck Digital
Library (MPDL) in Munich. The main responsibility
is with Volker Kruppa.
- If you would like a license,
then you have to:
- Send an
to the addresses given, AND (!!!)
- Register at the
MPDL web site .
From there you will be sent
(via e-mail) a form personalized for you. You have
to sign this, and fax it back to the address given.
- As there is no longer a shortage, a letter from
your project leader is no longer required.
- If you have a license and leave the institute: Please let
the library staff know!!! They will forward that information
- Alternative 1 to SciFinder:
A simplified version, less powerful than SciFinder.
Access open to all computers within the IP range of the
Max Planck Society.
- Alternative 2 to SciFinder:
Access is free to all Max Planckians. People who want to
use it can register
STN WEB works with a command language. Courses are offered by
the FIZ Berlin. You can register for a course (in German) at the library,
or express your interest for an in-house course by contacting